Thursday, April 17, 2014

Oatmeal chips


 photo DSC_5632.jpg

One thing you probably do not know about me is that I absolutely LOVE oatmeal and I usually eat it everyday. I prefer the completely plain kind with no toppings etc. so I never really share pictures of it here or on insta since plain oatmeal isn’t really the prettiest to look at ;) When I make my oatmeal I only rarely measure the ingredients and therefore often make too much – haha most of the time I’ll just eat it anyway and feel way too full, but I found a great idea on how to use the extra oatmeal on the Danish food blog ‘Det skal smage af noget’.  You can use the leftover oatmeal to make super healthy and super tasty oatmeal chips! I absolutely loved the idea so I had to give it a try and it turned out so great that I had to share it with you guys!
  1. All you have to do is to take your leftover oatmeal and spread it out on a sheet of baking paper, it has to be really thin or else it wont get all nice and crispy. You can use another baking sheet covered in a little oil to place on top of the other and then roll it with a baking roll to get it really thin.
  2. Then all you have to do is add you toppings of choice – I topped it with sunflower seeds, pumpkins seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds and sea salt – and bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes on 180c / 355f.
  3. After 10 minutes take them out of the oven and use a pizza slicer (or a knife) to carve lines to mark the size you want them to be.
  4. Put them back into the oven and let them bake for another 10 minutes. When they’re done take them out and let them cool on a wire rack. When they have cooled down you can use the lines you carved to break them into size. Enjoy!
I served them with guacamole and carrot sticks, it was the perfect little snack :)

 photo DSC_5636.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a great idea! Would have never thought these were so simple! :)

    ReplyDelete